|New Orleans Mother’s Day Brunch with the Southside AcesThe Dakota announces our Mother’s Day Brunch at the Dakota Sunday, May 11th from 10:30-3 with New Orleans-style music from the South Side Aces. The menu from Chef Derik Moran with pastries and sweet treats from Pastry Chef Katie Elsing shows New Orleans influence, and there are selections for all tastes and a children’s menu! This New Orleans Mother’s Day celebration at the Dakota includes something for everyone brought to you by our skilled and knowledgeable servers.For the Mains, guests can choose items created by Chef Derik Moran and inspired by New Orleans and the music from South Side Aces. Options include:
- Red Beans & Rice 34.95 with soft egg, Cajun andouille sausage, roasted tomato and yam pudding
- Savory Beef Brisket Crépinette 38.95, a flat tender sausage, with fried green tomatoes, stone ground grits, dijonnaise sauce and pickled ramps
- Tea Brined Fried Chicken 35.95, imparting delicate flavor and color paired with spring onions, potato, smoked maple syrup and shishito peppers, a fingerling-sized, usually mild pepper
- Creole Shrimp & Tasso 38.95, smoked and spiced Louisiana ham and spiced shrimp with cornbread, greens, orange, Tasso gravy and Crystal hot sauce butter
- Grilled Vegetable Omelet 33.95 featuring cheddar, peppers, onion, mushroom, eggplant and a sweet corn hollandaise served with house fries and greens
- Bananas Foster Steel Cut Oats 26.95 enhanced with steamed milk, browned banana brûlée, Myer’s rum, blackberry brown sugar and cinnamon.
We also welcome kids with our Children’s Menu for 11.95 complete with:
- Fruit & Oatmeal
- Egg Sandwich with hard egg, bacon and cheese served with fresh fruit
- Ham & Cheese Omelet with a muffin and fruit
- Berry & Cream Cheese French Toast served with whipped cream and maple syrup.
The popular Fresh Shooter Pairings will be back the popular with new combinations like:
- blackberry, lacinato kale and mint 5
- peach, grapefruit and sweet tea 5
- red pepper, tomato and strawberry 5
Enticing desserts from Pastry Chef Katie Elsing include choice of:
- Banana + Brown Butter Tart with a chocolate pot de crème, rich condensed milk sorbet and crunchy praline crumble
- Doberge Cake, a multi-layered dessert originating in New Orleans with maximum layers for a luxurious effect of cake with chocolate custard, chicory ganache and cream
- Lemon Ice Box Pie for the ultimate summer treat with a pretzel crust, spiked with a Sazerac glaze, the oldest New Orleans Cocktail with ice cream made from Dulcey, a blond caramelized white chocolate.
For our New Orleans Mother’s Day Brunch, our knowledgeable staff will deliver your choices with style and care. Whatever pleases your family will be available at the Dakota’s New Orleans Mother’s Day Brunch with music from the South Side Aces. 612-332-1010 for reservations, and dakotacooks.com for more information.