Reporting to the GM, the Controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities. The controller will be involved in presentations to the board weekly.
The Controller will execute all day-to-day finance including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, vendor relations, inventory, daily cash settlements, bank runs and analysis. The Controller will ensure that Dakota has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits. The Controller will work closely with non-financial managers, not only to educate them in finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how the finance function can support program operations and create solutions that work for each of our programs from hospitality and music through accounting.
In addition, s/he will manage human resources (HR) and information technology (IT) to enhance and better integrate finance, HR, and IT functions.
ResponsibilitiesFinance and Accounting Leadership
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Coordinate all audit activity.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep board and GM abreast of Dakota’s financial status.
- Provide detailed annual budget by leading annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the owners/GM; continuously collaborate with board/GM to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations.
- Leverage strengths of the management team by helping to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs that directly relate to profitability in order to maximize and reach optimal organizational goals;
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
QualificationsThis is an extraordinary opportunity for a mature leader with five to ten years of accounting and finance experience, ideally beginning in accounting and audit, followed by experience gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial information to executive teams and owners. S/he will benefit from experience of three to five years in hospitality and music. Other qualifications include:
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to Dakota’s goals; a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, along with the board/GM the responsibility for finance
- Minimum of a BA; preferred
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and menu engineering
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Commitment to working with, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse management team;
- Keen analytic, organizational and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus. simple reporting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to management and board
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals of every level of experience including board and non-finance managers
Qualified candidates should email resume to: Martina Priadka GM