Ignacio “Nachito” Herrera is acclaimed as one of the world’s greatest Cuban pianists in command of traditional classical and contemporary musical idioms. Nachito brings astounding technique and natural talent to compose explosive music that overwhelms the Dakota with powerful energy. We at the Dakota love to call him the “man with twenty fingers”, hence the Classical to Cuban pyrotechnics description.
- At the forefront of an exciting renaissance in Cuban music.
- Joined the famed “Cubanismo ” as the lead pianist, arranger, and Musical Director.
- Awards: City Pages Best Jazz Artist (for four years), Emmys, Grammys, Minnesota Music Awards, American Heritage Award from the American Immigration Council, and the Immigrant of Distinction Award.
- Played with different projects and orchestras, including the Minnesota Orchestra, Minnesota Youth Symphony, Metropolitan Orchestra, Cuban National Symphony, Naples Philharmonic Orchestra, and Chippewa Valley Symphony.
- “Hotter than the burning tip of a contraband Cuban cigar. Stronger than a straight shot of Havana rum. As exciting as a World Series game, with ‘El Duque’ on the mound. Explosive. Crowd pleasing. Rhythmically intense. Romantic. Dynamic. Jaw-droppingly good.” –Minneapolis Star Tribune
"One of the world’s great Cuban pianists. [Nachito] blends jaw-dropping technique and rich, powerful soulfulness in an amazing display of musical power and emotion."
– TEDx Talks
Learn More: http://nachitoherrera.com