There are many ways for you to get involved with the Dakota. Listed below are our current employment opportunities.
The Dakota is seeking a seasoned and mature host/hostess who will bring hospitality to the restaurant in order to create and sustain impactful guest relations. The associate will assist with answering phones/taking reservations, seating guests, checking in will-call ticket holders, and selling merchandise. Customer service expertise is imperative to this position. Previous restaurant/hotel hosting experience preferred. Interest and/or background in music and cuisine is a plus. This is an exciting atmosphere combining world-class music and fine dining. Employees receive a discount on food, beverage and tickets.
REQUISITE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent verbal communication skills, ability and willingness to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, ability to work independently and conduct effective problem resolution. Basic computer knowledge and telephone etiquette are crucial to this position, along with the ability to handle multiple phone lines. OpenTable experience is a plus.
This is a part-time position averaging about 20-30 hours a week, with additional hours required during the busy holiday period between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve. Applicant needs to have a flexible schedule.
Please email a brief work history and contact info to email@example.com; or mail resume materials: ATTN Scott, c/o Dakota, 1010 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55403. You may also apply in person between 10am and 3pm.
The Dakota is seeking a server with at least two years of professional development in a fine dining setting. The position requires the highest level of customer service, accuracy and speed. This is a fast-paced and exciting atmosphere combining world-class music and cuisine. Employees receive a discount on food, beverage and tickets.
This is a part-time position averaging three to four shifts per week, with weekend availability and additional hours required during the busy holiday period between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve.
Please email a brief work history and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail resume materials: ATTN Ryan, c/o Dakota, 1010 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55403. You may also apply in person between 10am and 3pm.
Reports to the Social Media Coordinator
20-30 hours per week
In addition to opportunities-based requirements of candidate’s course work, responsibilities may include:
- Attend marketing meetings
- Activate and manage grassroots efforts including street team
- Update genre-specific/community grassroots marketing lists
- Serve as back-up for social media tasks
- Write and distribute marketing meeting minutes
- Monitor “You Might Also Like” suggestions on the Dakota website
- Update Spotify playlist on website
- Maintain poster wall and outdoor display box
- Proofing as required
- Create/update Dakota show calendar weekly in list format for media distribution
Dates to be determined in conjunction with the intern’s academic calendar
Please send inquiries to email@example.com
Reports to the Marketing Director
18-20 hour per week
- Manage jobs in Basecamp (the Dakota’s project management tool)
- Add and tag new artist assets to Basecamp and the server
- Proofread marketing assets/communication
- Attend marketing meetings every Monday and Friday
- Share information about new shows in the Friday marketing meetings
- Write and distribute marketing meeting minutes (this includes information about all new shows)
- Create, route and send Monday “Up Next” emails and Thursday “Ticket Alert” emails using Mailchimp
- Update Spotify playlist on website
- Update the Dakota show calendar in list format weekly for media distribution
- Manage poster creation with outside vendor and upload finals to Basecamp and the server
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide direction to Designer for ads and emails
- Recommend taglines, select media quotes and write 30-words about each artist for website/email/advertising content
- Build new events on the Dakota website every Wednesday by 1pm
- Serve as back-up for the Social Media Coordinator—creating posts and ads as assigned
- Manage organic posts: reposts/retweets, media mentions and other newsworthy items
- Demonstrate strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Possess excellent organizational, project management and planning skills
- Proactive, reliable, and accurate with attention to detail
- Experience using social media
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of live music and/or restaurants is a plus
Please submit resume in pdf format and one to three paragraphs of interest in an email with “Marketing Assistant” in the subject line to Marsha Walker, Director of Marketing and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.